In considering a position on the Newbie Council, here are a few points you might want to know:
1. To apply, you must at least be level 40. No applicants lower than this will be considered.
2. We are only looking for people who truly enjoy helping others on Realms, because it is part of their personality - not because they will receive something because of it.
3. It is a must that you know the basic commands of Realms, have a fair to good knowledge of lowbie areas, mobs and equipment. You must also have the ability to be calm, patient and able to explain to even the newest of players what is going on and what they must do to enjoy their experience on Realms.
4. Members are not expected to be 'on-duty' at all times, but are expected to put in at least 4 - 6 hours helping per week. You do not have to spend all your on-duty time helping newbies, but it is expected that you have on all required channels, and respond to any cries for help you may receive while you are "on-duty".
5. The past actions of your character may not necessarily exclude you from joining the council, but if you have a past history of breaking rules and laws, being an antagonistic player or otherwise, this will reflect back on members who are forming opinions of how they should vote on you.
6. Do not bother applying if you simply wish to use NC as a way of gaining immortal-hood. It is a waste of our time and yours if you do. If a member discovers that this is your reason for applying, your application will be denied and you will be notified through mud-mail.
7. You should not apply to NC if you expected to be paid in anyway other than gratitude for your help. Members are expected to earn their own gold for supplies.
*Information as of July 28, 2005